Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Bob Phillips Bob Phillips is offline

Default Empty VBA Help Topic Windows

same here.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"moon" <6369706865725F6475646540706C616E65742E6E6C wrote in message
. ..

I have that too Scott, not always.
If it happens, I just press Ctrl-Alt-Delete, I kill the MSOHELP.EXE

process
and press F1 again.

"Scott Hartog" schreef in bericht
The problem is that I cannot access any of the VBA Help Topics by
clicking F1 or by selecting a topic from the table of contents. The help
window pops-up, but it is always empty. Note that the help table of
contents
appears correctly in the right-side panel. This problem applies to the

VBA
Editor started from Excel and from Visio. I have not tried it from the

VBA
editor in other apps. It also applies to VBA help topics select from the
main
app (Excel, Visio). Note also that the non-VBA Help Topics (like the

main
Excel help) function correctly.

I originally posted this question on 7/7/2006 under the subject
"Frustrating
Problem with VBA Help in Office2003", but no one responded. I'm

re-posting
with a different subject line in the hopes of attracting an expert
response.
At least 1 other person is also experiencing this problem. They posted
under
the subject "Why can't I
access VBA Help topics?" on 6/6/2006 -- also with no resolution.

Details...

I have all (Excel, Visio, Word, Outlook, etc...) of the VBA Language
Reference options installed with Office2003. I have another machine with
the
same installation and the VBA Help Topics work fine there. Essentially

the
same applications are installed on both machines.

I am experiencing the problem listed in the Microsoft Knowledge Base as
KB887706. I have tried the solution listed in KB887706 (install
Access2003).
I have also run the repair utility for Office2003 and the re-install
utility
for
Office2003. I have additionally completely uninstalled Office2003 and
re-installed it
along with all the service packs and updates. (I re-booted between each
step.) For each of these attempts, I have installed all the Office2003
applications (including Access2003) and I have selected all of the VBA
Language Reference options to be installed.

None of these efforts have had the slightest affect on the problem. I
suspect that the problem is a registry entry or a file that is not

removed
by
the uninstall utility.

I rely heavily on the F1 key when I program VBA macros in Excel. Any

help
on
this issue would be greatly appreciated.

I have posted this to "Excel Programming" because there exists no forum
dedicated to VBA or to VBA help (at least none that I could locate).

--Scott Hartog