Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jim Thomlinson Jim Thomlinson is offline

Default X & Y Coordinate return value

Create a Pivot table from your source data. Place the cursor in the middle of
the source data and Select Data - Pivot Table. A wizard will open up but you
should just be able to select Finish as the default setting should be correct
for what you want. Drag the Names into the left column, the project across
the top and the hours in the middle. You can then format the pivot table to
make it all kinda fancy like using the AutoFormat...
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Rookie_User" wrote:

I have a problem that needs a creative solution. I have a data set as follows.

Column A Column B Column C
x John 20hrs
x Tim 4hrs
x Mike 5hrs
y John 7hrs
y Tim 9hrs
y Mike 40hrs

Basically think of colA is the project and B is the resource name and C is
the number of hours in that position.

My end result should be something like this:

Project
Name x y
Tim 4 9
Mike 5 40
John 20 7

I can try to reformat the data if needed but can anyone offer a solution?