Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
CLR CLR is offline

Default Change hardcoded filename

That did the trick!!!
Thanks muchly kind Sir

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

Activeworkbooks is a typo and should be activeworkbook.

Tom Ogilvy

"CLR" wrote:

Thanks Tom, but I'm getting an error message "Run Time Error 424 Object
Required" stoping on the line....

set rng1 = Activeworkbooks.Worksheets("Pivots").Range("A18")

What might I be doing wrong?

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

Do you mean as the source or as the destination or both. I will assume both
as an example:

set rng1 = Activeworkbooks.Worksheets("Pivots").Range("A18")
set rng2 = ActiveWorkbooks.Worksheets("Labor").Range("C9").Cu rrentRegion

ActiveSheet.PivotTableWizard _
SourceType:=xlDatabase, _
SourceData:=rng2.Address(1,1,xlR1C1,1), _
TableDestination:=rng1.Address(1,1,xlR1C1,1), _
TableName:="PivotTable1"

Tom Ogilvy

"CLR" wrote:

Hi All........

I have the following code which works fine, but has the Filename hardcoded
therein, and whenever I change the filename, the macro quits working. How
might the code be changed to accomodate the Activefilename whatever it might
be?

ActiveSheet.PivotTableWizard SourceType:=xlDatabase, SourceData:= _
"Labor!R9C3:R173C22",
TableDestination:="[BigOneReport1j.xls]Pivots!R18C1", _
TableName:="PivotTable1"

TIA
Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3