Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default Separating / extracting words within a cell

=left(A1,3) & "," & B1

if the number of digits could be variable

=Left(A1,find(" ",A1)-1) & "," & B1

assumet that formula is in C1. Select c1 and drag fill down the column.

Tom Ogilvy

"Glen" wrote in message
Hello,

I was wondering if there is a function similar to chunk expressions? In my
case I have cells in column A that start with a number and is followed by
sevral words. All I want to do is extract the number (as a number) and the
associated number in the column beside it into an array.

Column A Column B
145 This is a test 54
234 more of it 230

I would like an array for each cell in Range("A1:A300")

145,54
234,230
In some languages I would just use a "word" expression ... ie put word 1
of
cell A1 & "," and cell B1

Is there something similar in Excel?

thanks.