Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
puba puba is offline

Default slow macros when sharing workbook

Jim Rech a écrit :

I'm guessing but if you have 'track changes' on, that would

presumably slow
a macro down. Perhaps you should unshare the workbook before

running a
macro if possible.

Thanks for your reply. "Track changes" is not on, but it is a "shared"
workbook. Unsharing the workbook before running the macro definitely
does make the macros lightening fast. However, this is not an option.

The code can probably be tuned to make the running faster as the "macro
recorder" generates somehow crude code, I believe.

For example, I'm guessing that these two lines could possibly rewritten
better.
They select the entire columns from A to P in order to sort the rows by
date. It may be possible to ONLY select the existing rows (currently
only less than 50) and thus do a sorting on a much smaller scale.

Columns("A:P").Select