Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default alphabetically sorting an array

First, I haven't had a need to do this with the code I posted, but as I see
it,
If you mean can you sort on two columns (two Keys), the routine accepts a
start and end row argument, so you could sort on the higher order key, then
loop through the sorted column and have it sort each primary key subsection
where a subsection is defined by all the primary keys matching in value.

Quick Sort doesn't do a static sort, so you would need to use the above
approach.

An alternative would be to take a static sort routine and sort from lowest
key to highest key.

http://www.devx.com/vb2themax/Article/19900 David Ring

http://www.visualbasicforum.com/t78889.html

http://www.standards.com/Sorting/Sor...scription.html
has some sorting algorithms

Tom Ogilvy

"Albert" wrote in message
yep, my bad... was calling it wrong.
another question: is there a way to do a sub-sort for a given column? (or
second sort criteria)?
Thanx,
Albert