Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Replace Existing File

Add one more line after the save:

msgbox activeworkbook.fullname

Maybe it'll help you notice where you saved it. Although, you should be able to
see that drive/path/name in your code (unless you changed the code).

Matilda wrote:

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

application.displayalerts = false
ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:="C:\MyWorkbooks\TempFile.xls"
application.displayalerts = true

Will save without a prompt.

Lynn wrote:

I am using the following code to save the active workbook:

ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:="C:\MyWorkbooks\TempFile.xls"

How can I get it to select Yes if prompted to Replace the Existing File?

--

Dave Peterson

Hi Dave,

i am using this syntax to save activeworkbook with a new filename, but file
doesn't seem to save! Can't find it anywhere... what on earth am I doing ?

Matilda

--

Dave Peterson