Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Trefor Trefor is offline

Default Copying a Worksheet from an Addin

Dave,

Thankyou for your reply.

I was trying to copy a sheet from an Addin to a workbook and I thought this
was going to be a lot more tricky, but in fact it works fine withOUT making
my addin a workbook.

--
Trefor

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

I know what I was thinking.

If I'm copying a worksheet from an addin to an addin (maybe the same addin),
then the receiving addin can't be an addin. Good gawd. That's a terrible
sentence.

The workbook receiving the new sheet can't be an addin.

But that really comes down to the receiving workbook has to be visible (not
really a problem with the .isaddin property).

Dave Peterson wrote:

Er, nope.

I must have been thinking of something else (or not thinking at all!)

Tom Ogilvy wrote:

try this in the immediate window:

workbooks("funcres.xla").Sheets(1).copy

sure you have to make it not an addin?

Tom Ogilvy

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Temporarily change the .isaddin to false, copy the sheet, and then change
..isaddin back to true.

dim myAddin as workbook
set myaddin = workbooks("something.xla")
myaddin.isaddin = false
myaddin.worksheets(1).copy _
befo=myotherworkbook.worksheets(1)
myaddin.isaddin = true

Trefor wrote:

Is it possible in a macro/vba to copy an entire WorkSheet from an Addin to a
workbook?
--
Trefor

--