Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Spamarrant Spamarrant is offline

Default Get info on toolbar button by clicking on it

Hello, i'd like to have a button that would allow me to click on
ANOTHER button and get any info on the latter. Sort of a button like
Windows Help pop ups, the one which adds a "?" next to the mouse. The
plan being:
1/ I click on my 'get info' toolbar button
2/ I click on any button in Excel's toolbars
3/ some information on that button is displayed (eg: debug print
caption or msgbox faceid)

In a worksheet it seems it is pieceofcake but when it comes to
CommandBarControls i can't find how to know anything about the one
clicked. I looked at "Caller" and "MouseDown/MouseClick" but it doesn't
seem to be possible with that.

Thx in advance to those who'll take the challenge!