Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
NickHK NickHK is offline

Default Refreshing web query that is password protected

Craig,
If you know the format of the URL that is sent to the server when {ENTER}is
clicked, use .PostText to send that.
e.g. querytable.posttext="?Login=xxxx&Password=whatever "

Or something like that.

NickHK

"Craig" wrote in message
I am trying to refresh a web query that is located on a password protected
site. I am trying to use sendkeys to send the login and password to the
prompt that comes up (see below code). However the sendkey application is
not inputing the information into the prompt. Any ideas on how to fix

this?

Application.SendKeys "LOGIN" & "{TAB}" & "PASSWORD" & "{ENTER}", True
Sheets("sheet1").QueryTables("14946_10").Refresh BackgroundQuery:=False