Gayle

Default Number formatting issue

I have table with extensive entries (which I inheriited) that are formatted
as general numbers (ie 92.1 or 10.6) when they really are percentages. I am
adding current data to them, but the cut and paste process brings the new
data correctly, as percentages. I have tried changing new entries to match
by dropping the percent sign, but that doesn't do it, and I have tried
changing the old data to percents, but it formats them incorrectlt (ie 71.6
becomes 7160%) I am not a mathmetician - and maybe there isn't any way to
work this out, but I am having to hand enter every number. Any help out
there??? Thanks