Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default writing excel macros

And there was code in that link to Debra's site that could be used to reset the
last used cell.

TMiGNa wrote:

A reply to both NickHK and Dave Peterson:

I cleaned up the Excel doc as suggested. Those helped, but still gave some
of the commas from the sheet (named EF) that pulls data from the Excel table
to export to the csv. With using the form daily, deleting the enormous number
of surplus rows (which can be as many as 6000) in the EF is a large task.
I'm not allowed to simply shorten that sheet since we would never have that
many rows of data, which would make so much sense (offices - go figure) so
right now I am holding shift and pressing control end to select all the extra
and delete it. That works, though something more concise would be wonderful -
I'd love it if I could crop to the data like one does to an image.
Everyone's suggestions were very helpful to me since I am learning these
tasks anew, so I appreciate all the input I've received. Soo.. I have an
immediate quick fix for my commas, but I'm still open to any ideas to try
since I am still learning.

"NickHK" wrote:

Check that cells in Excel do not contain spaces or some other non printing
characters.
You may get some extra blank columns, because of the way Excel parses the
data (in blocks of 16 rows), but this should not affect the whole row.

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Try resetting the used range before you create the .csv file.

Debra Dalgleish shows techniques to reset that last used cell:
http://contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#Unused

--

Dave Peterson