Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Prompting for a Directory Name

Jim Rech has a BrowseForFolder routine at:
http://www.oaltd.co.uk/MVP/Default.htm
(look for BrowseForFolder)

John Walkenbach has one at:

If you and all your users are running xl2002+, take a look at VBA's help for:
application.filedialog(msoFileDialogFolderPicker)

Chaplain Doug wrote:

Excel 2003. I currently use "Application.GetOpenFilename" to prompt users to
browse to and select a file. It returns the full file name with path. Is
there a similar method by which I can prompt the user to select (browse to) a
folder (NOT a file) and have that folder's name and full path returned?
Thanks for any help.
--
Dr. Doug Pruiett
Good News Jail & Prison Ministry