Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Michel Pierron Michel Pierron is offline

Default Chinese characters - UTF8 CSV files

Hi Manju,
Write your csv file in first and try to convert it then into sending the
full path name of your file like argument to the procedure below:

Sub Encode(ByVal sPath$, Optional SetChar$ = "UTF-8")
With CreateObject("ADODB.Stream")
..Open
..LoadFromFile sPath ' Loads a File
..Charset SetChar ' sets stream encoding (UTF-8)
..SaveToFile sPath, 2 ' adSaveCreateOverWrite
..Close
End With

MP

a écrit dans le message de news:
Hi All,

I'm facing problem while showing the Chinese characters in CSV file.
I'm using Open for Append Access Write As method to create the CSV file
programmatically. If I set the CSV file character set to UTF-8 then I
can display the Chinese characters. But I'm not able to set the CSV
character set to UTF-8 programmatically.

I'm using VB6.0 for this.

If anybody knows this please let me know. Thanks a lot in advance.

With love,
Manju