Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
NickHK NickHK is offline

Default Opening Access without declaring a Global Object?

Joel,
Not sure I see the problem with Excel.
Explain a bit more.

NickHK

wrote in message
oups.com...
So I've encountered an error that many others have come across, but
there still doesn't seem to be a clear solution. I am trying to open
MS Access via an Excel macro and import a spreadsheet. This creates an
underlying EXCEL.EXE due to a global object being stored in the memory,
but I'm unsure how to alleviate this error. Any help/ideas would be
much appreciated. The below is the Excel macro that is opening MS
Access:

Sub OpenAccess()
Dim oApp As Object
Set oApp = CreateObject("Access.Application")
oApp.Visible = True
oApp.OpenCurrentDatabase "C:\Test.mdb"
Set oApp = Nothing
End Sub