Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
moon[_5_] moon[_5_] is offline

Default UserForm Data to Worksheet

More about properties...
Start thinking in objects when you build something like this.
So your worksheet is an object, in the workbook object. The button is an
object on your worksheet, etc.
When programming, it is the best to use objects instead of full
workbooknames or sheetnames.
After you clicked the button, the form shows up, so far so good.

Remember, on the form object, there are textbox objects, combobox objects,
etc.
To transfer data from your form to your worksheet, you should transfer data
from one object to the other.
Let's do this after a button on the form called 'buttonPopulate' is clicked.

Private Sub buttonPopulate_Clicked()

'Declare object variabeles
Dim wb as WorkBook
Dim ws As WorkSheet

Set wb = ThisWorkBook
Set ws = wb.Sheets("Sheet1")

'Now I can say ws.Cells(1,1) for A1, instead
'of 'ThisWorkbook.Sheets("Sheet1").Cells(1,1)
'so writing in objects is way shorter

'Activate the worksheet to enter form data
ws.Activate

'Transfer form data...
ws.Cells(1,1).Value = Me.TextBox1.Text

'...will put the text in TextBox1 in cell A1
'Me is the form object, Text is a so called property of the TextBox object

'This way you can walk through all your controls
'and move data to any cell address you want

'If you're done, always clean up your objects
Set ws = Nothing
Set wb = Nothing

End Sub

"maximillan" <u25565@uwe schreef in bericht news:651cec8556490@uwe...
Hello,

I've just started using Excel VBA. I've a little background on
programming VBA and I do mean "little". Anyway, I've been looking all over
about how to transfer data from UserForm in Excel VBA to a worksheet.
Problem
is, I've still not grasped the idea nor understand the codes posted here.
So
if anyone can help me with this and explain as simple as possible on how
do this, please do so.

What I did so far:
Created a command button in the worksheet with the code:
Reg_Frm.Show < Which opens the UserForm

Then designed the UserForm with the following items:
3 Text Boxes
1 Combo Box (Not bound. Used ComboBox1.additem)
1 Quit button (Functional)
1 Reset button (Functional)
1 submit button (Problem)

I intend to fill a row with the data taken from UserForm but don't know
where
to start. Also, if possible, someone explain to me how it'll check if the
cell is vacant or not.

I'm a complete noob when it comes to macros just so you know. Thank you in
advance for the help. ^__^