Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
J.W. Aldridge J.W. Aldridge is offline

Default Exact lookup formulas, VB Instead?

I have a problem when using lookup formulas. I even updated the formula
recently using another formula I found. I use this formula to look up
part #'s and return another associated number. It is VERY important
that I get the right numbers however, it appears that these formulas
always look up the closest match instead of the exact match. For
example, if I look up part h006, and it is not listed, I need it to say
just that specifically.

First formula: Basic Lookup Formula
Second formula: IF(ISNA(LOOKUP(x)),"PART # NOT LISTED",LOOKUP (x))

x (replaces search criteria)

Can this be done in VB instead?
This is a major project and I cant have bad lookups.
thanx