Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Arne Hegefors Arne Hegefors is offline

Default Keeping 0 at beginning

I have a amcro that splits up the info in a cell by using text to columns.
This works fine and everything comes out right execpt for one of the data
sets has a leading 0 that disappers when in the split up form. Let me give
you an exaple.

I have a cell with the follwoing string: "ACGB 4.75 0311". This is then
split up so that it in 3 different cells shows: "ACGB" (e.g. in cell b1) and
"4.75" (e.g. in cell b2 and "311" (in e.g. cell b3). Notice how the leadÃ*ng 0
is gone. In my code I set the format of the cells to text but it does not
work. Con you please help me fix this problem? I know it does not sound very
important but it makes my program not very useful. My code is:

Do Until IsEmpty(rngSecID.Offset(r, lngTypeColumn))
r = r + 1
If rngSecID.Offset(r, lngTypeColumn).Text = strGovBond Then
rngSecID.Offset(r, lngColumnRight).Select
Selection.NumberFormat = "@"
rngSecID.Offset(r, 0).Select
Selection.TextToColumns Destination:=rngSecID.Offset(r,
lngColumnRight), DataType:=xlDelimited, TextQualifier:=xlDoubleQuote,
ConsecutiveDelimiter:=True, Tab:=False, Semicolon:=False, Comma:=False,
Space:=True, Other:=False, FieldInfo:=Array(Array(1, 1), Array(2, 1),
Array(3, 1)), TrailingMinusNumbers:=True
End If
Loop

Please any help appreciated! Thanks alot!