Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Search a string

Start from the right, not the left:

=RIGHT(A1,4) will get you the four character date field
--
Gary''s Student

"Arne Hegefors" wrote:

Hello! I try to search a string for a certain combination of charachters. I
have a column that contains the ID for different bonds. The ID contains the
same info for all types of bond but with a some differences. Let me try to
explain the syntax for the ID by giving some examples:
ACGB 7.5 0705
T 4.25 0813
CAN 5.75 0629
CAN 2.75 1207

As you might see the sytax is like this: Name Yield Maturity. These three
fields are ALWAYS separated by "Space". However as you can see the name and
the yield can have a varying number of charachters. I want to single out the
maturity (Always four digits, MMYY). My code now is:
strMaturityDate = Mid(strSecID, 5, 2) but that does not work at all. Please
help me! Thanks very much!