Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Charlie Brown Charlie Brown is offline

Default insert rows in multi sheets

Hi

I have a workbook that has an input sheet and an output sheet. The
operator inserts staff course dates on the input sheet, the output sheet
(protected) uses Edate to give expiry dates - the sheets are 'mirrored'.
the problem is when new staff join or leave. I want to insert a row on
input sheet that also inserts the corresponding row on the protected output
sheet and inserts the formulae (I also want to do the reverse). Dave
McRichie has kindly given the answer to the second part on his website. I
have tried editing macros to do the job, but I don't know how to 'find the
insert point' on input sheet. It would be great if I could assign the code
to a button so that the operator is guided; ie 'add or remove a row' that
would update the output page at the same time. I run a lot of stats with
cell references to the output page, I get nothing if these sheets do not
match up properly. Thanks for your help.

Charlie Brown