Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
kreatiff[_2_] kreatiff[_2_] is offline

Default Vlookup

Ok - I'm at that pulling out hair stage and I haven't got that muc
left!

I'm using the formula below to determine whether a team has Won Draw
or Lost a match based upon the result.

=IF($F4="","",(IF($F4<$C4,"W",(IF($F4$C4,"L",(IF( $F4=$C4,"D","")))))))

The result of the formula is either, W, D, or L.

I have created a small table that incorporates a list of the teams o
the left and three additional columns with a heading W, D,
respectively. Using VLOOKUP add the following formula alongside eac
team under the appropriate heading as below:

=VLOOKUP(H4,home,2)

H4 = Team name
Table array = home
Number of columns to move right = 2

This gives a result of #N/A.

What I want it to do is simply add the number of instances the clu
name appears in my table array and count or add the number W, D, L i
sees.

Driving me nuts at the moment - so any pointers appreciated.

Many thanks in advance

--
kreatif
kreatiff's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=3773