Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Bob Phillips Bob Phillips is offline

Default VBA counting colors, errors

Changing a cell colour does not automatically trigger the calculate event,
so it will not fire your UDF. The best thing to do is to force a recalc by
ALt-F9 after changing a colour.

as to the second problem, this is what I wanted to see the code for, but I
am afraid I do not replicate the problem.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"TheRook" wrote in message
Sorry, people need Extra Sensory perception when i post. Module is as

below:

Function CountCol(SumRange As Range, intColor As Integer) As Integer
Dim i As Integer
Dim Cell As Range

Set SumRange = SumRange.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeAllFormatCondition s)

For Each Cell In SumRange
If Cell.Interior.ColorIndex = intColor Then
i = i + 1
End If

Next Cell

CountCol = i

End Function

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Which module?

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"TheRook" wrote in message
I am currently having 2 problems.
1. If an additional line in inserted with a specific color the count

does
not automatically refresh. Can a loop be put in?

2. If I delete a row the function reports NAME#. Can something be

added
the module to exclude deleted rows?

regards