Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default Formula not evaluating immediately

Since your range reference is variable, I would guess that Excel doesn't know
when to recalculate it.

=IF(ISNUMBER(SEARCH(Z$1,FORMULATEXT(INDIRECT("'["&$G3&"]Summary
(A)'!$I$11",TRUE)),1)),"YES","NO")&Trim(Left(" "&rand(),1))

would make it volatile.

Tom Ogilvy

"Barb Reinhardt" wrote:

I have the following formula in my procedu

=IF(ISNUMBER(SEARCH(Z$1,FORMULATEXT(INDIRECT("'["&$G3&"]Summary
(A)'!$I$11",TRUE)),1)),"YES","NO")

G3 is a workbook name like Workbook.xls. When the procedure executes, the
result is displayed as "NO" in the sheet. If I then go back and press ENTER
on the field, it changes to YES. The procedure has a CALCULATE statement in
it just in case I've got manual calculation set on my system. I actually
have it set to automatic right now. I have a similar formula in other cells
that works without a problem. I'm not sure what the problem is.

Can someone assist?

Thanks