Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Niek Otten Niek Otten is offline

Default Formula not evaluating immediately

Excel uses arguments (cell references) to functions and formulas to establish the order of recalculation (the dependency tree).
The literal in the INDIRECT function call is not recognized as a cell reference, so the order of calculation may be incorrect. If
it is evaluated after other cells which influence your result, it may show the correct value only at the next recalculation.

I'm not sure what you mean by "procedure" in this case.

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel