Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Agustus Agustus is offline

Default VB Function Round vs Excel function Round not behaving the same Od

Use this:

Public Function MyRound(Data)
MyRound = application.Round(Data, 1)
End Function

Bud wrote:
Here how it goes :

Have a VB function :

Public Function MyRound(Data)
MyRound = Round(Data, 1)
End Function

Have a excel sheet with cells on one side with the "MyRound" function and on
the other side the Round function from Excel, guess what they don't give the
same results.

Here the example :
Data Fonction Round Round Excel
=Myround(A1) =Round(A1;1)
0,15 0,2 0,2 Ok
0,25 0,2 0,3 Wrong from VB
0,35 0,4 0,4 Ok
0,45 0,4 0,5 Wrong again From VB

My understanding of the error is : don't have an odd number with an even
one, VB will not round your numbers ????

I've tried this with Excel 2003 and 2000, same results.

I'm asking Microsoft to post a official answer to this and also posting a
bug report for it, and to give a fix.

Thanks and lookout for those even numbers !! Don't you find this Odd ??

--
Bud