Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
dan dan is offline

Default Looking up a value and returning another

Have a value in one sheet (obtained by importing a text file) and want to
look up the value (value will start in C7 and continue down column C) in
another workbook (B6:B2000). Once I find that value I then need to return a
value 2 columns over in the same row (D6:D2000).

Here is what I have:
DataFileName = Application.GetOpenFilename(fileFilter:="Text or ASC Files,
*.txt; *.asc", Title:="Select the Data File")
Open DataFileName For Input As #FileNum

VMM_FileName = Application.GetOpenFilename(fileFilter:="DBF Files, *.dbf",
Title:="Select the VMM File")
Workbooks.OpenText Filename:=VMM_FileName

VMM_Workbook = ActiveWorkbook
Workbooks.Add template:=xlWorksheet
Set Data_Workbook = ActiveWorkbook

.... code here for importing text file

Have tried Match, Find, Index, ... can not get any to work. Need help to
find the answer.

Thanks