Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jim Thomlinson Jim Thomlinson is offline

Default How do I delete some rows while keeping others

Give this a try... You will need to define which sheet you want to delete the
rows from (Sheet1 in my example) and the cities. I am deleting dallas and
tulsa...

Public Sub DeleteCities()
Call DeleteCity("dallas")
Call DeleteCity("tulsa")
End Sub

Sub DeleteCity(ByVal City As String)
Dim wks As Worksheet
Dim rngToSearch As Range
Dim rngFound As Range
Dim rngFoundAll As Range
Dim strFirstAddress As String

Set wks = Sheets("Sheet1") 'Change This
Set rngToSearch = wks.Range("A:A") 'Possibly Change this
Set rngFound = rngToSearch.Find(What:=City, _
Lookat:=xlPart, _
LookIn:=xlValues, _
MatchCase:=False)
If Not rngFound Is Nothing Then
Set rngFoundAll = rngFound
strFirstAddress = rngFound.Address
Do
Set rngFoundAll = Union(rngFound, rngFoundAll)
Set rngFound = rngToSearch.FindNext(rngFound)
Loop Until rngFound.Address = strFirstAddress
rngFoundAll.EntireRow.Delete
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Daryl Timm" wrote:

I want to delete the row where the city does not concern me.

"Jim Thomlinson" wrote in message
First off we need to know what concerns you. After that the problem is
just
one of mechanics. Do you wnat to keep certain numbers, or certain cities
or
some combination there of???
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Daryl Timm" wrote:

Every day I receive a list like the following:

9 - spice

7 - aurora

5 - dallas

4 - tulsa

4 - frank

4 - eville

3 - waco

3 - pont

2 - warren

2 - ripon

2 - quincy

2 - lakep

2 - gulf

2 - gretna

2 - george

2 - birm

1 - wmemph

1 - winch

1 - wfalls

1 - sulliv

1 - sioux

This list includes many entries that don't concern me, but a few of them
do.
The numbers preceding the "- text" change every day, but the text does
not
change. I would like to be able to delete the rows that don't concern
me,
how would I go about doing this?

Thanks!