Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Mat Mat is offline

Default Problems with Excel via IE

Hi All,

I believe others have encountered this problem but I have not seen a
resolution....

I am serving up an Spreadsheet via our content management system, thus
the spreadsheet is loaded via IE rather than Excel itself.

A button on the sheet calls an add-in (the Jwalk dataform):

Private Sub cmdEnterData_Click()

Application.Run "dataform2.xla!showdataform"

End Sub

Upon entry to the form I am getting an object error 91 on the
Activesheet Object:

If ActiveSheet.ProtectContents Then
MsgBox "This command cannot be used on a protected worksheet."
& vbCrLf & "Use the Tools - Protection - Unprotect Sheet command and
try again.", vbCritical, APPNAME
Exit Sub
End If

This would, however, work if I ran it through the Excel full client.
The same problem also affects Activecell.

It looks to me that these global objects (Activesheet, ActiveCell etc)
are not being set by IE.

The problem is not with the Add-in as referencing Activesheet from the
calling sheet gets the same error.

Hope someone can help,

Mat