Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Brady[_2_] Brady[_2_] is offline

Default Can you get excel range object off the clipboard?

I am working in Visual Studio 2005 VB. I have a windows.forms application
where I want to retrieve data from excel via the clipboard and insert it into
my application. I was trying to find out if there was away to get a range
object off of the clipboard so that you could use the range object to
retrieve the data and insert it into the application. At this point I am
simply pulling a string off the clipboard which delimits rows with newlines
and fields with tabs. The problem I have is that it's not unlikely that
some of the cells will have a tab character in them which screws up the
tokenization. I was hoping to get a range object which would alivate this
problem.