Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Selecting a data range using a variable

You could use the technique at John Walkenbach's to get a unique list:

Alariel wrote:

That is exactly what i meant :)

Another query..

If I know the range say $E$2:$E$10

and this contains

one
one
two
two
three
one
four
five
one

The listbox comes up the same

is there a way to get it to populate as

one
two
three
four
five

without it removing the duplicates in the spreadsheet (like an advanced
filter would.)

I would like to say I want the data in said range but only list each
one once.

The reason I would like to keep the duplicates is that if they click on
an item in the list box I would like to be able to calculate the number
of instances that occur within the range...

My query is not how to do all of that just how to populate the list box
with unique items while leaving the spreadsheet intact.

*idea* Would creating an array and going through each item one by one
to see if its unique and then populating the listbox with the array be
they way (or a way) to go?

any other ideas would be appreciated.

Cheers

Alariel