Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default Setting LeftHeader / CenterHeader

I believe the limit is 255.

Tom Ogilvy

"MBaas" wrote:

Hi,

as part of an ASP.NET-application, I am currently developing a script
which is supposed to build a spreadsheet in Excel 2003 (under W2k or
XP), fill it with data, format it and print it. Everything has already
worked nicely, until a user started working with multiple filters in
weh application. These filter-settings are supposed to be printed as
part of the title, LeftHeader, to be precise. Now when the script runs,
it comes up with an error saying something like "Cannot set the
..LeftHeader-Property of the PageSetup-Object". Somehow I then tried to
swap the assignments of LeftHeader and CenterHeader, then it would set
LeftHeader and crash with a similar error on CenterHeader. So somehow,
it seems, these two are connected?

I also tried to set LeftHeader in several steps and have now come to a
state where it would set LeftHeader 3 times (until it has approx. 180
chars) and it would crash when trying to append 60 additional
characters.

Makes me wonder if there is something like a maximum size for these
props? (Couldn't find any mention of that in the MSDN-Doc).

Or why else would it fail here? (The LeftHeader has a leading CR, so
it doesn't overlap with CenterHeader, it would go below the
CenterHeader).

Thanks

Michael