Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
[email protected] mkluwe@gmail.com is offline

Default Passing arguments from VBA to DLL

Hi!

sjoo wrote:
" wrote:
I just took the first few steps in writing a little DLL that should
be called from Excel/VBA, and I stumbled upon some wierd behaviour.

[...]

I noticed that foo didn't work internally as I expected and added
writing *t to a file on each call of foo as a debugging measure.
According to this output, only the first character of String t seems
to be passed to foo when called directly from Excel (putting
=foo("xyz") in a cell).

you can't directly call the dll function on the worksheet.

In fact, I can, but lacking the correct result. Any guesses for the
technical reason?

if you like to do, you have to make XLL library that is a kind of dll.
XLL is a special programming model for EXCEL.

please refer this
http://support.microsoft.com/default...NoWebContent=1

Sounds interesting, but I don't have the mentioned "Microsoft Excel 97
Developer's Kit" available. Plus, Excel 97 is pretty old. What do I
have to do when developing for more recent versions?

Regards,
Matthias