Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Andy Pope Andy Pope is offline

Default Plotting more than 32000 points on a chart

Hi,

Here is a way without using a helper column.
http://tushar-mehta.com/excel/newsgr...ers/index.html

Cheers
Andy

inquirer wrote:
NickHK wrote:

Is there any visible difference from plotting say every other value
instead
of all 59000 points ?

NickHK

"inquirer" wrote in message
u...

Further to an earlier post, I have about 59000 data points that I want
to plot on an line chart. The points for the x axis are sorted in
ascending order.
I can plot the first 32000 points ok as Series 1 but how can I then plot
points from 32001 on so they plot on the end of series 1? I have treid
defining series 2 as 32001 onwards but these points do not plot on the
end of series 1, rather they start again at the origin.
Any help much appreciated
Thanks
Chris

Thanks for your reply Nick.
No, I have just been looking at that and seems as tho that is what I
will have to do.
To do this, will I have to extract every second point to another column
and then define that as the series or is there another smart way of
defining the series to take every second point?

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info