Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
markbpdx[_2_] markbpdx[_2_] is offline

Default HTML / web page processing

if you get any help ... I am serching for something similar - I need to
get the value currently selected in a html "select" control

the Html snipit looks like this"

<form
<pSelect Item<br
<SELECT NAME="Item" onChange="go()"
<OPTION VALUE="3" Item-3-description
<OPTION VALUE="1" Item-1-description
<OPTION VALUE="5" Item-5-description
<OPTION VALUE="4" Item-4-description
<OPTION SELECTED VALUE="2"product-2-description
</SELECT
</form

? Word.Documents(1).Fields(1).Code.Text
HTMLCONTROL Forms.HTML:Select.1

The following has the entire html text
word.Documents(2).HTMLProject.HTMLProjectItems(1). Text
but I was hoping not to have to parse this since word seems to know its
a control.

Using excel :
?ActiveSheet.OLEObjects(1).progid
Forms.HTML:Select.1

ActiveSheet.OLEObjects(1).oletype = xlOLEControl

(documentation only referes to xlOLEType constants: xlOLELink or
xlOLEEmbed)

documentation for "OLE Programmatic Identifiers" includes information
for

ActiveX Controls, Microsoft Access, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Graph
Microsoft Office Web Components, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft
PowerPoint
Microsoft Word, ActiveX Controls

ActiveX Controls
To create the ActiveX controls listed in the following table, use the
corresponding OLE programmatic identifier.

To create this control Use this identifier
CheckBox Forms.CheckBox.1
ComboBox Forms.ComboBox.1

etc.

Idealy I would like to be able to determine the current selected item
and its associated Value(s)

--
markbpdx
markbpdx's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=37610