Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
nbaj2k[_49_] nbaj2k[_49_] is offline

Default Unlink to other Data sources with code?

I'm sending reports out, but when people go to open them, a message
comes up and says "This workbook contains links to other data sources"
and I have an option to update and not update.

I would really like this not to come up at all, since I'm sending this
out to a lot of people and would prefer them not to see that screen. I
pulled in data from a database to make the reports.

IS THERE CODE I CAN ADD TO THE END OF MY MACRO TO REMOVE THE LINK TO
THE DATA SOURCE SO THAT THIS DOESN'T COME UP AT ALL?

On a side note, I thought it might be nice to set a report up and then
just go in and click update to update from the data source. Always
when I hit update it says that it could not be updated, anyone have any
idea why that would be?

Thanks,

~J

--