Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default checking Sequential numbering

Manually: Apply autofilters, select each Part No from the filter list, and then eyeball the Stage
values.

Using functions: Sort the entire list based on Part No. then in Cell E2, use the formula

=IF(A2<A1,"",IF(D2<D1,"OUT OF ORDER",""))

and copy down to match your list, then filter on column E to see the "OUT OF ORDER" values.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"TheRook" wrote in message
I currently have a spreadsheet containing information about the process route
of products that we manufacture. the lay out is as follows:

Column A: Part No
Column B: Operation sequence
Column C: Machine
Column D: Stage Vaule

These are currenlty sorted by part no, then operation sequence.
The stage value column is the way we calculate the added value of the
product, 1 being the 1st value & 12 being the last. Each time the porduct
goes from 1 stage to the next it gains more value.

The problem I have is that some of the stage values have not been populated
in ascending order. ie they may go 1,2,5,4,9,7 when it should be 1,2,4,5,7,9,

So what I am wanting to do is check that for each part no. in operation
sequential order that the stage value goes up and not down.

Can this be done easily?

The Rook