Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
NickHK NickHK is offline

Default is there a limt to the number of points ?

Chris,
Creating a chart with 51K points, I get an error of "The maximum number of
data points you can use is for a 2-D chart 32000.....to use 32000 data
points, you must create 2 or more series."
So seems built in limit.

NickHK

"inquirer" wrote in message
I have a program which plots data on a chart and it has been working
fine until today when I tried to plot a large data set.
There are about 59000 points to plot and the program seems to call a
halt at about 32000 or so (I haven't yet found out exactly where it

stops).

I thought it may be because I had a counter declared as an integer but I
changed all integer declarations to long but it still stops at the same
place.

Does anyone know if there is a limit on the number of points that can be
plotted on one chart?
Thanks
Chris