Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Cameron Tom Cameron is offline

Default Adding a header to a CSV file

Thanks for you help everyone, I've used the default ADO headers to get
this to work.

Cheers,
Tom

Dave Peterson wrote:
Do they all use the same layout?

If yes, create a file with that single header line.

Then shell to DOS and merge the files using an old DOS command.

Go to the folder that contains the .CSV files and header file and issue this
command:

copy Header.txt + somefile.csv somefileNEW.csv

Tom Cameron wrote:

Hi,

I have a number of CSV files I wish to query using ADO, the only
problem is there are no headers in the CSV files. The obvious option is
to open them in excel and manually enter the headers, howerver there
are more than 65536 records so this is not possible.

Does anyone have any good ideas? any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Tom

--

Dave Peterson