Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
mikeburg[_97_] mikeburg[_97_] is offline

Default VBA code to fill rest of cell with dashes (-)

I have a user defined function called NumWord that converts a number in
a cell to the words for the number.

I want to be able to run a macro that will take the value in G4,
convert it to words for the number, & add enough dashes to fill the
rest of cell & put it in cell H5 which is formatted to Text & 41
characters wide with left aligned. Since the font used is Ariel, there
will be no fixed number of characters that will fill the cell.

My vba code so far is:
ACheckWrittenAmt = NumWord(Range("G4"))
Range("H5") = ACheckWrittenAmt

Example: I need the VBA code to put the following in cell H5 for 43.00
in G4

Fourty Three and 00/100----------------------

or put the following in cell H5 for 251.52 in G4

Two Hundred Fifty One and 52/100------------

Any VBA code suggestions will be greatly appreciated! Thanks a bunch.
mikeburg

--
mikeburg
mikeburg's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=24581