Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
CarloC CarloC is offline

Default Adobe blocks AutoRunMacros

Actually, there is no code that opens the workbook. What the "Installer" and
"Updater" projects do is to copy other project files from a server to the
user's local c-drive. This way we are able to fix bugs and create new
features to the existing projects without alerting the user that they have to
re-install everytime.

--
3c

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

I don't know about the problem, but you can have the code that opens the
workbook also run the macro.

--
regards,
Tom Ogilvy

"CarloC" wrote:

I have a series of projects that install and updates other excel projects.
However, if the user has the adobe create PDF add-in on their main menu, then
the AutoRunMacros won't kick in. No errors reported. I can't test it by
stepping through the code as I don't (and won't) have the add-in installed.
Does ayone else come across this problem? If so, what'd you do other then
telling the user to un-install the adobe add-in (they won't).

Thanks
--
3c