Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Indiana Epilepsy and Child Neurology[_2_] Indiana Epilepsy and Child Neurology[_2_] is offline

Default Actions between user actions

I'm looking for a way to take actions the groups of events related to
a user action. For instance, if a TextBox is active and the user
clicks on a CommandButton, then on a ListBox, I want to take action
_after_ (not during) the last event related to the CommandButton
click, but _before_ the first event related to the ListBox click.
Using the handler for the last event from the first click or the first
event from the second click isn't what I'm looking for.

Using OnTime with Now and no offset looked promising until I realized
that if I do the two clicks quickly the subroutine set in the OnTime
doesn't get called until after the series of events related to the
second click. DoEvents doesn't seem to help with this situation at
all.

I'm considering looking into using an API timer, but I'm concerned it
may have the exact opposite problem, and run the subroutine before the
events resulting from the first click have all completed.

Any suggestions for what general direction to go are appreciated.
--
Don Stauffer, Office Manager
Indiana Epilepsy and Child Neurology, Inc.