Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Write/Print Statements, and date formats

My bet is you're writing .value. Try writing .text.

mycell.value
is replaced with
mycell.Text

embirath wrote:

Hi everyone

I'm using the Write and Print statements to write out data from an
Excel spreadsheet to text files that need a very specific format.

When I have cell in the Excel spreadsheet which is a Date Type, the
format of the value is not written out the way I want it. I want the
output text file to look exactly the way it looks in the Excel
spreadsheet. I may have a cell formatted as "[hh]:mm:ss". But a cell
with "00:00:00" then looks like just "0" in the text file. And a cell
that looks like "-00:00:05" in the Excel spreadsheet shows up as
"-5.78703703703704E-05" in the text file..

How can I tell VBA to write out the cell value exactly as it appears in
the worksheet?

If I use "Save As" to save the file as a .csv file, it DOES print the
cell values exactly the way they appear in the cells. This is what I
want. (Unfortunately, my text files also have to contain a bunch of
other formatting that the "Save As" function can not do, so I need my
own program to do it.)

Please let me know if you have any ideas.
Thanks!

Emma

--
embirath