Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ron de Bruin Ron de Bruin is offline

Default Macro to search across multiple columns and delete rows not containing specific value

You can also adapt the union example on my site if you want

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"JenIT" wrote in message oups.com...
Hello - I am trying to create a macro that will look at data and if
there is a specific value in any one of the 4 columns...keep that row
and delete all the others. I have this code working to consider one
column...but I cannot make it work to look at multiple columns for its
selection. Here is my one column code.

' DELETE ALL BUT MSC
Dim rng As Range, cell As Range, del As Range
Set rng = Intersect(Range("G2:G9000"), ActiveSheet.UsedRange)
For Each cell In rng
If (cell.Value) < "MSC" Then
If del Is Nothing Then
Set del = cell
Else: Set del = Union(del, cell)
Next cell
On Error Resume Next
del.EntireRow.Delete '

I have not been able to use G$ as it then deletes my header.
To span the multiple columns looking for MSC in any one of the cells in
E, F, G, or H I have tried replacing the G2 with E2:H9000 or E$:H$ and
if I do this - nothing happens, it's like the piece of code is skipped.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I have been frustrated with this
for a few days now.