Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
blibs blibs is offline

Default How do I protect an Excel worksheet for use as a form by other

I've protected the worksheets but the cells with the formulas are where the
data goes for flow between the worksheets so how do I allow input into those
cells without changing the formulas. My problem with protecting the sheet is
they if they put in data and then try to change it, the formula is lost.

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

tools=Protection=Protect Worksheet

all cells are locked by default (format=cells=Protection tab to check or
change), but this is meaningless until you protect the worksheet.

Unlock the ones you want your users to have access to.

In your code, unprotect the sheet, do your work, protect the sheet.

Tom Ogilvy

"blibs" wrote:

I have created a workbook that flows information from workseet to worksheet
with calculations etc. I need to be able to protect the worksheets original
formulas while allowing users access to the fields to input information much
as you would on a form. How do I go about protecting the worksheet? There
are Macros that also needs to be allowed each time for the complete info to
work. Is there something additonal to protect this feature?