Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
[email protected] renaissanceme@gmail.com is offline

Default Combo Box filter with autocomplete

hi all,

I have a timesheet entry form that requires employee # to operate.
Since employee # is something that is assigned, and not reliably
referenced on timecards, the operator will use the name to find the
EENUM. To do that, I created a combo box that is called on the
"BeforeDoubleClick" command. The data that populates it is 6 columns
of info, starting with EENUM, Name, Status... and 3 more columns to
help the operator identify the correct one to select.

I have set the textcolumn so that it references the 2nd column - the
names, and the target cell will be populated with the EENUM when the
operator closes the combo box. It all works smashingly. But, I want
to tune things up a little more.

We have 1000+ employees, so the list that is called up is quite large.
I would like the drop down button to be automatic & while the employee
is typing a name in, for the list to be filtering on every keystroke.
I would also like the combobox to close when the operator hits enter,
and not force them to use the mouse and click elsewhere on the screen.
Am I just dreaming, or is this indeed possible?

Thanks in advance for all you help,

Dave