Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default Checking whether a workbook has been unlocked

If thisworkbook.ProtectStructure or thisworkbook.ProtectWindows then
msgbox "Workbook is protected"
end if

Tom Ogilvy

" wrote:

Sure. I have this in the Workbook_Open() Sub.

ThisWorkbook.Protect Password:="password"

By locked, I mean password protected.

Zach

Tom Ogilvy wrote:
Define what you mean by locked. Show the code that locks the workbook.

Tom Ogilvy

" wrote:

I am trying to find an attribute that will allow me to check if the
currently open workbook is protected or if the user has unlocked it. I
only want a user to be able to click on a couple buttons if they've
unlocked the book.

My VBA code locks the workbook as soon as it is opened, but I want
people who know the password to be able to unlock the book and use
these buttons.

I've tried using ThisWorkbook.VBProject.Protection but I get an error
saying that Method "VBProject" of object "_Workbook" failed and I
haven't been able to find anything else in the google newsgroups.

Zach