Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default .onaction property for controls checkbox

Another alternative would be to change your code that creates the checkboxes to
use the checkboxes from the Forms toolbar.

You could delete the checkboxes from control toolbox tooblar and replace them
with checkboxes from the forms toolbar, too.

"excel_stuck via OfficeKB.com" wrote:

Thanks Nick-

That helps a lot to understand what's going on and why. I could not
understand why some features of the "controls" checkboxes were not available
for the "forms" checkboxes. You've explained that. The trouble has been
that I have created many check boxes within a macro and need to assign an
action to each of them. A generic routine assigned by .onaction would be
simple. Alternatively, a _Click event would work if the number of checkboxes
was fixed, but, unfortunately, this is not the case. It sounds from Tom's
email that my best option will be to create the subroutines with code (as the
check boxes get created), which seems a little awkward. I'll give that a try.
Thanks to all for your help.

NickHK wrote:
As I understand it:
The controls on "Controls Toolbox" are ActiveX or basically Windows
components that Excel can use. Windows "understands" these controls and
hence can raise numerous events (_Click, _Change, _MouseOver etc) when you
perform actions.
The controls on Forms are native to and controlled by Excel/Office. As
such, Windows does not know anything about them and consequently there are
no events for these. Only the single OnAction macro can be assigned.
From your description, you need to look at the _Click event of your
checkbox.

NickHK

Can anyone tell me how to set the .onaction property for a controls checkbox?
I can do it for a forms check box, but can't find how to do it for a forms
one. Is it possible? Thanks.

Dave Peterson