Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Madiya Madiya is offline

Default Dynamic Named Range

Bob,
Yes, It may be static.
But I need to insert columns and not Row.
Say, Col P contains heading as EDP in Row1.
Now if I insert a column before col P, EDP column becomes col Q.
So I want my named range EDP to refer to new col Q instead of old col
P.

I hope I am clear for my problem.

Regards,
Madiya

Bob Phillips wrote:
Madiya,

Those are not dynamic named ranges, they are static.

However, notwithstanding terminology, I just ran a simulated test, and when
I insert a row into the 'Banwise bld data' sheet, the range extends as
expected, and the formula still works.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Madiya" wrote in message
ups.com...
Bob,
Thanks for your reply.
Formulas in the cell using names are giving #Ref error if I insert or
delete columns in between. I am using lot of sumproduct formulas as
given below.

Name range:
BAN ='C:\Office Docs\50K\[Wireline DPR.xls]Banwise bld
data'!$B$1:$B$7000
EDP_Installed ='C:\Office Docs\50K\[Wireline DPR.xls]Banwise bld
data'!$AB$1:$AB$7000

Formula in Cell :
=SUMPRODUCT((BAN=A3)*(EDP_Installed<""))

I am using win2k with office2003 if that matters.

Regards,
Madiya.

Bob Phillips wrote:
Shouldn't do, it should adjust the name as well. What is the formula

that
you use for the named range?

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Madiya" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have a sheet which uses named ranges wich refers to the other
workbook.
It works fine.
Problem starts when I insert or delete a column in the source sheet of
other workbook.
This gives wrong referance and data fatched is wrong. I have to adjust
named ranges to get the correct data.

Is there a way which ensures the correct column referance even if I
insert or delete any column in between??

Regards,
Madiya