Doug Kanter

"Amedee Van Gasse" wrote in message
In , Doug Kanter told us an
interesting story. My reply to this story is at the bottom of this
message.

This raises a question (for me, at least). I import lots of data from
customers, and some of it looks like it was tossed into a lunch bag
and shaken. I clean it up using scripts in Paradox, the database,
because within the Paradox language, there's a function called SCAN,
which tells a script to look at each record and perform whatever
procedure you've programmed. Is there something similar with VBA, to
tell Excel to go down a list of records and do whatever?

If you write it yourself, yes.

That was the natural assumption here. Can you be any more specific?