paul

is it possible that the actual sum of the two cells is zero?
--
paul
remove nospam for email addy!

"arleen a." wrote:

Hi Ken..thanks but i did not. the example is showed earlier is a simplistic
way of showing the problem. Actually, the reference cells (A2 and B2) are
totals of various figures or numbers...

arleen a.

"Ken Russell" wrote:

If you mistakenly typed -2 in either A2 or B2 then C2 would equal 0 instead
of 4.

--
Ken Russell

Remove yourhat to reply by e-mail
..

"arleen a." <arleen wrote in message
A1=1; B1=1; C1=A1+B1=2; when the formula in C1 was copied to C2 where
A2=2;
B2=2; the value is shown as 0. HOwever, when i checked the formula in C2,
it
was correct (A2+B2). Why is this so? I checked the "calculation" under
the
optiions, automatic was ticked. I also pressed F9 for recalc, the value
in
C2 remained at 0. Can someody enlighten me on this? thanks